Director - Financial Reporting & Analysis
JMP is currently looking for a Director, Financial Reporting & Analysis to join our finance team. This role will be responsible for coordinating the financial reporting and analysis function and providing Senior Management, our Board of Directors, our financial sponsor, and our lenders with actionable information. This highly visible role will enhance our current reporting to management, the Board of Directors, and our other external stakeholders. You will drive the development of financial and non-financial metrics, periodic management reporting, and planning relating to accounting, financial planning & reporting matters. Working directly with the VP, Finance and supporting senior management, and external stakeholders, this role will support financial and non-financial reporting design, appropriate related analysis and assist with the financial close processes. This position plays an integral role in consolidating proforma and actual results and analysis across the entire company including all of our Divisions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience and exposure in capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, maintaining banking relationships and sharing best practices, while helping build a market leading global automation solutions provider.
What would a typical day look like?
- Leads reporting to stakeholders across the company including Divisional Management, Executive Team and Board of Directors. Includes development of KPI metrics.
- Leads the development & preparation of proforma and actual financial reporting including, financial statements, management/board reports and regulatory reports on a U.S. GAAP basis, including multi-currency consolidation.
- Partner with various departments that impact or contribute to the timely and accurate production of financial statements, and to the accuracy and timeliness of financial information and related analysis.
- Provide diligence and integration support as JMP executes on a rollup strategy by acquiring complimentary companies.
- Responsible for considering emerging trends and techniques in accounting and reporting practice which provides opportunity to utilize data and technology.
- Working with the Controller, ensuring policies are developed collaboratively (considering regional variations) and are applied consistently across the organization.
- Develop and present results, observations, and recommendations to stakeholders and management, including formal presentations that support your analysis.
- Assists with the development and oversight of financial process and controls.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting as assigned
What qualifies you for this opportunity?
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum 4 years of proven accounting experience in a financial reporting role with significant financial modeling and analysis experience
- U.S. GAAP experience
- Experience working in cross-border and complex corporate structures
- Experience in professional services or engineering focused industries a plus
- Advanced knowledge and efficient use of MS Office suite such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses through applying professional judgment and strong analytical skills
- Experience fostering a strong team environment and providing leadership and coaching to employees Excellent organizational & time management skills, with ability to lead a Global team through complex issues and tight deadlines
- Effective oral & written communication skills to effectively articulate complex concepts in a concise manner to varying audiences
- Ability to build strong collaborative partnerships to ensures consistency of approach across lines-of-business where relevant
- An ability to travel; although this position requires minimal travel, you should have the ability to travel within US and Canada
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Create Vision: strategic, confident, communication, passionate
- Inspire Trust: congruence, humility, courage, capable
- Execute Strategy: discipline, focus, accountable, clear the path
- Coach Potential: positive, instructive, empathetic, insightful, acknowledging
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2021 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2021, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2021.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.