Material Planner l
McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. Our consumer products division serves retail grocery customers and emerging channels with Club House, Billy Bee and McCormick products, while our Custom Flavour Solutions division serves food service distributors and other respected food manufacturers across Canada. McCormick Canada is part of the world leader in spice and seasonings, McCormick & Company Inc.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers and our employees is unsurpassed.
McCormick Canada is looking for a Buyer to join the Matriall Planning team for a 6 month contract in our Lonodn, ON facility. Under the supervision of the Team Manager - Material Planning, the Buyer is responsible for the timely delivery of incoming production material and effectively controls inventory in relation to cost and quantity while supporting the needs of a high performing manufacturing facility.
The Buyer meets and/or exceeds product availability expectations and assists in achieving operational KPI’s (such as the reduction of inventory dollars and volume, continuous improvement initiatives and process improvements within Material Planning). In addition, the Buyer must work cross-functionally with various teams to meet our customer service needs. The Buyer will also manage, develop and maintain relationships with external suppliers.
- Analyzes inventory to ensure appropriate safety stock levels, MOQs, and lead times are established and monitored in order to achieve service and inventory objectives.
- Places daily orders with suppliers, monitors the process, and expedites deliveries as needed.
- Manages existing supplier relationships, cultivates new supplier relationships, and ensures that all standards for quality and service are met by suppliers. Optimizes buying power by working collaboratively with Buyers from other McCormick divisions and Corporate Purchasing.
- Proactively identifies and communicates potential supply chain disruptions and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Effectively documents issues for resolution with suppliers, drives continuous improvement initiatives and process improvements.
- Any duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field.
- SCMP designation
- 1 + years of material planning and/or buyer with inventory control experience
- Experience with an MRP system and replenishment concepts required (SAP preferred), proficient in MS Office (Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in a professional and clear manner
- Highly organized and methodical to establish priorities, detailed processes, meet deadlines etc. with excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in all work
- Must possess an appropriate level of business acumen and can exercise sound independent judgement to solve complex problems
- Comprehends impact of business decisions based on industry knowledge of raw materials, packaging and finished goods, and understand Manufacturing KPI's and drivers
- Demonstrates professional, positive, service-oriented behavior in all interactions and responds to internal and external customers in a pro-active and timely fashion
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment with an approachable and helpful style with strong customer focus.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and handle confidential materials and information.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.
WHY WORK AT MCCORMICK?
United by flavor. Driven by results.
As a McCormick employee you’ll be empowered to focus on more than your individual responsibilities. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself—to have a say in where the company is going and how it’s growing.
Between our passion for flavor, our 130-year history of leadership and integrity, the competitive and comprehensive benefits we offer, and our culture, which is built on respect and opportunities for growth, there are many reasons to join us at McCormick.