Associate Specialist, Driver Operator Exercise and Storage
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- Conduct exercises on both GDLS chassis and turret products
- Conduct road tests on all LAV platforms
- Support vehicle moves between all London locations
- Loading and unloading of GDLS and Military vehicles from trailers
- Ensure proper documentation and updates are completed and entered into data base
- Attend meetings with internal and external Customers as required
- May be required to perform vehicle maintenance activity as required
- Maintains compliance with all safety protocols, ISO procedures, GDLS policies, regulatory requirements (ITAR)
- Adhere to Ministry of Transportation rules, regulations and safety policies
- College diploma in a technical discipline
- Valid Driver’s license and ability to qualify for DZ. Clean driving abstract
- Minimum 1 - 2 years previous driving experience an asset
- Must be have basic knowledge of computers, and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of turreted vehicle systems
- Experience working with teams and/or customers
- Emergency First Aid & CPR/AED Level Certified
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, maintenance manuals and FIR requirements
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Canadian Firearms Restricted Possession and Acquisition License (RPAL)
- Capable of meeting physical demands of the job and Anthropometric Size Requirements for confined space.
- Ability to work overtime or weekends when required
- Ability to travel and possess/ be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Military Qualified or equivalent with LAV driving
- 310T truck, coach or automotive interprovincial certification
- Experienced in the operation of various weapons i.e. 25/30mmm cannon, 105 mm Assault Gun, Anti-Tank
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.