This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 18, 2021
Financial Accounting Supervisor
Great Lakes Copper is a fully integrated copper tube mill producing a broad assortment of high-quality products, with particular strength in the large OD copper tube market, selling in both Canada and the States. We are based out of London, Ontario and have enjoyed servicing our clients for over 60 years. Great Lakes Copper Ltd. is the only fully integrated copper tube mill in Canada.
Our 200k square foot manufacturing facility includes casting, extrusion, drawing, heat treatment, finishing, assembly and plastic extrusion operations. Our operations also include a 73k square foot distribution and light assembly operation in St. Thomas, Ontario. Since 2009, we have successfully grown our capacity and sales by over 40%.
Position: Financial Accounting Supervisor
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, our Financial Accounting Supervisor plans, coordinates and directs the activities of 2 Finance team members ( the financial analyst and accounts payable administrator). This team member works closely with other members within the organization to ensure that accurate records, excellent customer service, and effective internal controls are maintained. The person in this position assists the Director of Finance with overall responsibilities of financial reporting
- As a member of a high-performing team, will plan, coordinate and report financial results of the organization.
- Monitor and implement financial controls to ensure that financial statements are fairly stated in accordance with GAAP, Company policies/ procedures
- Ensure SOX compliance and document internal controls.
- Maintain General Ledger and complete monthly financial reporting.
- Control cash flow, prepare daily requests for funds, and approve payments.
- Coordinate conversion of USD as required and track FX charges
- Ensure that inventory is correctly stated in accordance with GAA, and material cost and variances are fully analyzed. Monitor internal controls and reconciliations to maintain integrity of perpetual inventory system.
- Coordinate and direct physical inventory counts, prepare reports and analyze results.
- Review general ledger accounts, perform analysis and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly analysis of metal and FX variances, including impact of metal and FX hedging.
- Coordinate and support year-end pension and SOX audits.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and month forecasts.
- Supervise financial / costing analyst and accounts payable administrator.
- Administer online banking.
- Work collaboratively with others
- Follow safe practices and policies
- Accounting designation with at least 5 years of progressive accounting and finance experience
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced level of Excel skills
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with a MRP system.
- Experience with Hyperion is ideal
- Exposure to hedging, FX and commodities would be a definite asset
- Quick learner with proven analytical ability
- Seasoned communication skills ( Verbal, written and listening)
- Professional and trustworthy
- A collaborative team-player with a tactful and positive demeanor
- Able to manage a heavy workload and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated adaptability and willingness to adjust priorities
Interested and qualified? We encourage you to apply by forwarding your resume to HR@glcopper.com. We appreciate all interest however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- A great team-oriented environment
- A world class Profit-Sharing Pension Plan – participation starts at 3 months!
- Competitive wages
- A comprehensive medical, dental and insurable package - available immediately!
- Family and Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Reimbursement Programs
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the interview process. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please email Daniela.Pippo@glcopper.com or call (519)455-0770, ext. 226.