SLEEGERS Engineered Products Inc. is a leading North American supplier of engineered solutions for the pressure vessel and propane industries. We design and manufacture a variety of engineered products including propane motor fuel tanks, commercial and industrial pressure vessels, and automated propane cylinder vending kiosks.
Founded in 1963 and based in London, Ontario, we are proud to employ a diverse team of highly skilled welding and engineering professionals. Our 147,000 square foot production facility boasts a state-of-the-art air quality and ventilation system including air purifiers, ten skylights, strategically placed ceiling fans, top of the line welding machines and helmets and high efficiency LED lighting throughout the production floor.
We are recruiting a quality-conscious and detail-oriented Welder to effectively join our team at SLEEGERS. The successful candidate will join our Production Team on our ASME weld and fabrication line. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Welding metal parts together using various weld processes including GMAW, MCAW and SAW
- Reading and interpreting engineering production drawings for welding fit-up and orientation
- Accurately and routinely completing station inspection sheets and operational checklists
- Working in a challenging, high production, fabrication environment that is subject to 100% weld inspection requirements mandated by ASME
- Obtain and maintain weld quality to our QC and ASME requirements and standards
- Produce acceptable weld quality on round tanks under your own motivation and initiative to efficiently produce product
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a minimum of 3 years of practical welding experience
- Is able to pass an ASME 2G open root plate GMAW test while independently setting parameters in accordance with our WPS
- Is able to effectively weld circles in challenging to reach or see joints
- Understands, and is committed to, the importance of regulatory weld standards within a rigorous ASME quality process
- Can effectively work with material thicknesses ranging from ?” to ¼”
- Embraces our high productivity work environment by positively contributing to the team effort and meeting or exceeding production targets
- Previous pressure vessel welding experience, is considered an asset
- Regular, full-time employment status, paid biweekly
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Best-in-class production facility with modern welding equipment
- Straight day shifts, with majority working Monday through Thursday, with possible voluntary overtime
- Uniforms and boot allowance provided after probation period
- Retirement plan with partial employee-employer matched contributions
- Training provided as required.
SLEEGERS is committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunity for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply for this Job