Continuous Improvement Specialist, Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for Continuous Improvement Specialist to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Specialist who works with Steelcraft team members to lead and complete projects throughout the organization. You will provide technical leadership and collaboration with internal partners including Sales, Production, Maintenance, Engineering, and Quality to ensure Continuous Improvement initiatives are achieved.
Key performance indicators will be defined to support detailed continuous improvement plans in alignment with overall business objectives; including but not limited to operational objectives, customer service/compliance, ISO & legislative compliance, sales, health & safety, and human resources initiatives. Program should be well balanced to achieve both a strong Continuous Improvement culture and capability while supporting key business metrics.will be able to weld structural steel and parts as per supplied drawings. The candidate will be able to weld in all positions, fits and assembles fabrications and parts as per customer specifications and quality standards who is mechanically inclined and enjoys hands-on work. The candidate should have past experience in a manufacturing environment and be physically fit, capable of lifting loads up to 50 lbs, and capable of working in awkward positions.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Key areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Working within the framework of the location production system and visual management tools, provide innovative yet simple solutions for process improvements by championing, facilitating and leading change through the continuous improvement process to accomplish sustainability
· Take leadership on equipment evaluation, specifications, procurement, and implementation
· Ensure that the benefits generated by the projects are properly measured and that the impact on total costs are effectively validated
· Provide expertise and solutions for quality and process capability improvements
· Partner with Health & Safety for analysis and implementation of countermeasures for safety improvements
· Coordinate and work with internal and external skilled trades for automation troubleshooting, cycle time reductions and new equipment installation
· Partnering with Human Resources, to accomplish positive change driving a culture of continuous improvement, employee engagement and empowerment
· Drive for excellence and support operators and employees in their tasks providing continuous improvement coaching and training for employees
· Post secondary education in manufacturing engineering technology, related field or equivalent experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering preferred) is an asset
· Certification in project management is an asset
· Lean credentials an asset (i.e. Six Sigma Blackbelt)
Skills and Experience:
· Understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies including, but not limited to:
· KATA / Kaizen / TPS
· Value Stream Mapping
· Six Sigma and/or other similar methodologies
· Total preventative and predictive maintenance (TPM)
· 5-S and related organizational tools
· Demand capacity and production planning
· Root cause analysis / problem solving sciences (5-Why, 8-D, A3, PDCA)
· Cost analysis
· Knowledge in welding, machining & fabrication manufacturing
· Strong leadership competencies and ability to influence without authority; must have the ability to lead project teams, communicate effectively to multiple levels of management, and assist the organization in implementing change.
· Understanding of the current market environment of the organization, mapping of business-level challenges to the day-to-day working of individual functional areas and drive the program accordingly.
· Must be able to demonstrate cause-and-effect thinking and data-driven analysis
· Functional competencies – Must understand how different functions work together and influence the organization since projects are usually large in scope and commonly involve multiple functions such as operations, finance, sales, marketing, human resources and IT
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong MS Office and MS Project experience